Established in 2007, Blueclaw is a fast-growing Search Marketing Agency. Based in Leeds, UK, our energetic and ever-growing team is driven by a passion for all things digital and absolute desire to do more and do it better.
Ideal: You’re a developer that knows their stuff, based on proven experience. You’re used to working in a team, and want to work with other clever people to create useful, usable solutions. You like to share your ideas and show other people what is possible with the technology you’re skilled in. You anticipate those problems that you can, and work hard to solve any that you didn’t.
You’re equally as excited by “concise and clever” as you are by “epic and enterprise” projects. You want to help shape and share ideas, then put the work in to make sure they’re solid solutions that you’re proud of.
- Ability to interrogate project requirements, contribute ideas and help shape the Design & Development team’s technical approach.
- To specify and document an effective, robust solution.
- Willingness to contribute to collaborative
- Minimum 3 years commercial PHP experience.
- Sound MySQL understanding and experience of creating and databases
- Ability to work within Git version control
- Experience integrating work with 3rd party APIs (Twitter, Google, Facebook, etc).
- Experience working with various CMSs (WordPress, Drupal, etc).
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Zend or Symfony
- Understanding of the technical implications of your work for SEO best practice.
- Understanding of webserver architecture, security, and deployment.
- Experience in deploying CRO technologies to live sites.
You should be able to:
- Conceptualise, communicate and execute ideas.
- Contribute to proposal and specification process to support new business team.
- Understand the commercial context of your work, and help to maximize returns for the company and its clients.
- Take responsibility for, and pride in, your work, ensuring your code is clean, well-commented, and robustly tested before deployment.
- Be informed and excited by new developments within the industry, and communicate new discoveries and initiatives to colleagues.
- Explain technical concepts to less technical colleagues, and when required, clients.
- Identify opportunities to improve and/or automate internal processes.
In return we offer a competitive package and excellent benefits.
If this sounds like you, then drop us a line. In the first instance, please send your CV and covering letter to hr(at)blueclaw.co.uk or call 0113 234 3300 if you wish to discuss the role in more detail.