Ahead of the NBA’s 70th season, BWIN wanted to develop an asset that would contribute to an increase in search rankings for basketball betting related keywords in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. We were asked to develop a branded content asset around basketball and the NBA.
It is part of the award-winning “3 iGaming Victories” content marketing pieces, which also includes The €Billion Game and Your Brain on Poker.
- Organically earn high-quality editorial links to build domain authority and improve search visibility once the hub site is 301 redirected to main BWIN property.
- Increases brand awareness (via press coverage, social shares, and exposure on sites and publications our target audience read).
- Positively affects the numbers of bwin RMPs (Real Money Players) & FTDs (First Time Depositors).
- Support improvements of key basketball betting related keyphrases.
We worked with a freelance designer who had previously done assignments with the NBA to arrive at a design direction for the piece. The work had to fully represent all the NBA legends featured without using any licensed imagery or graphics.
The piece took five weeks to design and develop, and in parallel to the design and development process our content and PR team pulled together key statistics and biographies for each player featured – all of which was also translated into Spanish, French, German and Italian.
The strategy around outreach focused on highlighting the intention behind the initiative and reminding journalists and bloggers of some of the greatest players in NBA’s 70-year history. With that in mind media materials were created and translated into the languages outlined above to aid in the promotion of the language-specific versions of the content.
Our multilingual team prospected sites and bloggers in Spain, France, Italy and Germany before commencing outreach. Research was also conducted in the UK and US with the same aim in mind.
We also identified social bookmarking and awards opportunities which would help amplify the traffic and engagement the content gained, in turn leading to further media/blog coverage and links.
- 100+ high authority links and pieces of coverage from the UK, US, Italy, France, Belgium, Germany and Spain – including coverage on leading basketball sites and newspapers.
- 17,000+ sessions from 15,000 unique visitors from across the globe and 14,500 votes for players.
- 11,000+ of those visitors were from referral traffic, with just under 1,000 from social media.
- CSS Winner - Site of the Day, Awwwards – Honourable Mention, CSS Design Awards – Website of the Day.