Tasked with creating a content marketing campaign that would earn strong links for Betway Casino, the Blueclaw Content and PR team began with –
- In-depth, creative ideation to hone in on specific topics with link-earning potential
- Pre-outreach of shortlisted ideas to journalists and influencers to assess their interest
Once Bond in Numbers was identified as the winning concept, the project moved into the research, design and development phase.
Data Gathering and Research
The Content and PR team established the most interesting data points to compare between different Bond movies, actors and eras, including –
- Box office and theme song performance
- Movie moments including cars driven, romantic liaisons’ shown and bad guys killed
- … and much more
While data was being gathered, checked, cross-checked and refined, the wordsmiths of the content team developed the surrounding introductory text, including contextual links to inner pages of the Betway site.
Design and Development
Written content was crafted against wireframes as the site moved in to the crucial design and development phase, and the delivery of a technically superb and visually beautiful site. This phase included:
- A visual, user-focused mobile-responsive design that would capture the interest of journalists, Bond aficionados as well as mainstream audiences
- Internal links to key Betway inner pages to maximise SEO value
- Supporting assets – images, extracts and snippets to support PR and encourage journalists
PR, Promotion and Link Earning
Once design was complete, we moved into the PR, promotion and link earning phase:
- Segmentation of media contacts by publication type, SEO metrics (including Domain Authority, Trust Flow and more)
- Prioritised outreach combining segmented press releases backed up with telephone outreach
Within 2 hours of initial press releases being sent, journalists were lighting up the inboxes of the PR team – a great sign that a campaign was on track to smash targets.